When it comes to Construction Management, CSL's approach is to consult with all team members to develop a comprehensive strategy.
CSL's Construction Management model includes four phases: Pre-Construction, Tendering, Construction, and Post-Construction.
- We participate in all design meetings to ensure the Owner’s requirements are properly communicated.
- We create a design schedule and monitor this throughout the schematic design, design development, working drawings, and final coordination stages.
- We provide recommendations for the selection of materials, building systems, labour, time requirements for construction activities, constructability, and factors related to costs (i.e. costs of alternative material, budgets, and value engineering).
- We issue the bid documents and pre-qualify trade contractors.
- We prepare all contracts incorporating any bid revisions or post tender addenda in a form ready for signature by the contracting parties.
- CSL will obtain all applicable bonds, insurance, and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) clearance certificates from successful trade contractors.
- CSL monitors and coordinates the work of all trade contractors.
- We maintain a competent working Site Superintendent to manage and coordinate all site activities.
- We implement and maintain procedures for coordination and communication between all parties.
- We establish and monitor the baseline construction schedule, which is regularly updated, identifying any variance and implementing appropriate action.
- We monitor and control project costs and accounting procedures.
- CSL manages the project site clean-up and conducts a walk through, addressing any project deficiencies.
- We ensure a smooth and proper takeover of the project and provide all proper close-out documentation.